Thursday, November 15, 2012

La Vacance de Toussaints: The beginning

I haven't written anything for quite a while, but I have a good excuse, I was travelling for two weeks so now I have lots to talk about, but it turns out that going straight into work after traveling (even if it's only 12 hours a week) is pretty exhausting, but I seem to have finally recovered.
Saturday (Oct 27), I left Saint Louis early in the morning and met Tristan in Paris. We spent a few hours there, we had pizza and went to an English language bookstore and then we took a train to Beauvais, a small town north of Paris that has the "Paris" airport out of which Wizzair flies. The city itself was very beautiful, but we bused through it to our hotel which was near the airport. 

As I've mentioned before, when you get out of the city, France starts looking a bit more like America: 
Very... French architecture? 
This side of the hotel was less expensive than the other one because it is "not romantic" 

Buffalo Grill is this chain of America-themed restaurants. They play country music,  the waiters/esses where plaid shirts and jeans, and they serve (mostly) american food. It's pretty delicious. I got the "Menu Sherif" - little salad with the best ranch dressing I've ever tasted, hamburger, fries, drink, and profiteroles all for the not very low price of 14.90 euro, but it was completely worth it. I will be going back, I'm sure. Also, I would totally start a business selling their ranch dressing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment